I Am Sorry.

I am sorry I have neglected you-
Yet again.
Forgotten you for the millionth time
After promising,
To stay in touch this time around.
I am sorry I keep forgetting about you,
For seemingly important things.
But I swear I'll make an effort-
Again.
A sincere one-
Again.
To get back to you 
Because nothing makes my soul happy
Like you do.

I have made my love for you public.
In times like these,
I think that was a mistake.
Maybe it should have remained just between us.
All the love and the conflicts;
All the efforts to stay on the same page
And coming back together
But I have let the world know-
What you mean to me,
And what becomes of me,
When we are not together.
You are my favourite distraction 
And it'll always be that way.
You leave my mind sometimes
But never my heart.
You never will.

I miss you
While having tea
On lazy Sunday winter afternoons
Oh, what I wouldn't give to have your company!

I sometimes look at some
People
Places &
Things
Which remind me of you
My heart fills with an overpowering desire
To run back into your arms
But then I think- um, maybe later.

It'll always be complicated.
We will always be complicated.

But no matter how far
Or where I wander,
I will always come back to you
My forlorn lover- writing.
Next time when you cross my mind
You'll find me, either-
Scribbling in my diary
Or typing on my cellphone-
The unspoken thoughts.

I'll be content
Until we part again
And I break my empty promises
And then apologise again
To take me back
For the millionth and one time.

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate My Siblings

Hi there!