Change



The transition of seasons-
How smooth do they make change look!
Winter-Autumn-Spring-Summer-Monsoon
Repeat.
You don’t notice them changing each day
But then you feel it when they arrive when
A pang of cold hits your face; or while
Returning home from work without an umbrella on a rainy day or when
The sunsets are delayed
And in that moment of realisation 
They make you feel they are there to stay
But before long
One’s gone and ready to welcome the other
You don’t always like all the seasons
For some its too hot, rainy, breezy or cold; on most days
And you would kill to go back to the comfort of your favourite season
Like I- to the warmth of winter 
Most attach it with bleakness
But it’s my happy place
Not only because of fuzzy sweaters and how beautiful it makes everything look
But because of how at peace it makes me feel
I can’t stand cold but I love it
Ironic, right?
But that’s how it is.
Your world will flip upside down 
When you least expect it 
It’ll take some time getting used to it
You’ll hate it, crib about it in the beginning 
But it’ll probably happen for the best
If not, that’ll be another feather of wisdom in your figurative cap
I equate change with growth
I hope our lives are stable
But we don’t get caught up in the beauty of routine
And keep changing,
Learning
And evolving 
And I hope the transition  is smooth just like the change of seasons.


_______________________



Hi there! I wish you an year full of constant positive changes. These are not just words to sign this piece (and the year) off but I really wish a wonderful year to all my readers. Stay happy and positive. Rock 2018! 😁


Popular posts from this blog

I Hate My Siblings

Hi there!