I am insignificant.

A few months back I went to Chennai for some work.One day when I got free early I went to the local beach there. I love being by the seaside. It was so tranquil..so calm but it stirred a storm inside. The first thing that came to my mind was I.. we.. are so inconsequential. 
Marina Beach, Chennai

I'm always struck wondrous by the ceaselessness of it. Whenever I stop to marvel at the sea and the horizon, I can't put my finger on what exactly it is but something about them makes you feel so insignificant.

In a world where your obligations and social pressure gulps you into doing the same thing over and over again, like a broken record, all that is on your mind is you and yours. Constantly proving to the world how you are better not realizing we are all part of one big rat-race and we are proving nothing to no one.

In your head, you are the supreme and everyone is always judging you so you have got to abide by what you're 'supposed' to be. Anything out of the paved path and the accepted ways of the world and you are relentlessly pulled down and if you continue going down that road, shunned, eventually. 

You continue living the life you are expected to, wary of committing any 'mistakes'. So you are the prime in your head; and rightly so. But when you stop to look at the sea.. you realize just how mighty the universe is. Just like you, everybody is fighting their demons and themselves.. their struggles and battles may not match yours but they are there. Their joys, vices and virtues. 

Gazing at the sea makes you self-aware about not only yourself but also everyone and everything around you. It would have been so convenient for me to be dejected thinking about this; on the contrary I  was filled with a different kind of ardour for life and it changed the way I look at certain things everything. I live for moments like these

Strive to be happy because you're insignificant. But oh so important when you look at the larger picture. Imagine a world full of content people. Wouldn't that be surreal?

My trail of thought pretty much ended there.. the storm subsided and I felt calm inside. Almost one with the sea.

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

I Hate My Siblings

Hi there!